The infographic gives a quick view of social media statistics during the Lebanese parliamentary election, 2018. The importance of social media for election campaigning has received a lot of attention recently. Social media monitoring can provide key insights from users who are actively talking about the election in Lebanon and abroad.
This is the first Lebanese election in the social media age – What are the Lebanese saying on social media? and who is winning the Lebanese Election battle on social media?
According to users on social media:
- The top corrupt political party/Politician in Lebanon: نبيه بري Nabih Berry / Haraket Amal حركة أمل
- The political party with the worst electoral alliances: Tayyar Watani Hor التيار الوطني الحر
- The least corrupt political party/Politician in Lebanon: سمير جعجع Samir Geagea / Lebanese Forces القوات اللبنانية
- The political party/politician with major accomplishments: جبران باسيل Gebran Bassil / Tayyar Watani Hor التيار الوطني الحر & Future Movement تيار المستقبل / Saad Hariri سعد الحريري
- The political party with best electoral alliances: Haraket Amal حركة أمل & Hezbollah حزب الله
- The politician using mostly sectarian speech: جبران باسيل Gebran Bassil
- The politician most negatively affected by his past: سمير جعجع Samir Geagea
- The political party with the best electoral program: Koullouna watani
- The politician who is mostly accused of talking nonsense: سامي الجميل Kataeb الكتائب
- The politician using least sectarian speech: تيمور جنبلاط Teymour Joumblat
Check out the infographic below for a full summary of the analysis.
Data source: Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Forums, Instagram, Comments, Tumblr, Reddit, Google+.
Date: 25/02/2018 – 25/04/2018
Below is a list of major topics and events that shaped (positive & negative effects) the results of the analysis based on the data collected from users:
- Saudi Oger
- CEDRE Conference
- Candidate Sarkis Sarkis
- رفيق الحريري
- داتا المغتربين
- وليد جنبلاط
- Nouhad Machnouk “الأوباش” Video
- حقوق المسيحية
- التحالف الشيعي
- إقتراع المغتربين
- Hariri Selfie App
- حرب سورية
- سلاح حزب الله
- كلام الناس
- ملف بواخر الكهرباء
- مجرم حرب
- دق الجرس
- تحالف الجماعة الاسلامية
- علي الأمين
The analysis focused on the hashtags of the electoral slogan of each party during the past two months, the most influential candidate, and the candidates party. The data & insights of this infograph have been sourced from Crimson Hexagon.
So can social media be used to predict election results? There has been couple apps and surveys to poll voters prior to the parliamentary elections yet the analysis of social media did a better job at predicting Trump’s win than the polls. Yet, there is no conclusive proof that social media is associated with election votes and the probability of success. Besides the widespread use of fake social media profiles and bots on all social networks.
Crimson Hexagon is a platform that uses artificial intelligence to analyze consumer insights on social media and other online data sources. The platform is used by Netflix, amazon, BBC….
Feel free to use the data & infographic above but make sure to link back to this article.